Friday, March 15, 2013

Knights of MicroFiction---Fitfully Serene

From Imagine Today: "Knights of MicroFiction are back for March.  If you want to join us, just sign up on the linky list [on Imagine Today] and post your piece by 11:59 p.m. [today].  This month's promt, in honor of the coming of Spring is: In around 100 words use the words "blossom" and "green" and describe a Spring scene from either the real world or a made up world.  If you want an additional challenge, include the title of Jess's newly released novel, From the Ashes."

Here's my take, written as a poem:


Fitfully Serene

Yellow darling daffodils

Mark the path to my stream

Bulging with newly melted ice

Pulsing

Fitfully serene

 

White bright blossoms

Dot the branches of my tree

Budding with annual glory

Captivating

Fitfully serene

 

Green show-stopping shrubs

Line up in my garden

Growing from the ashes of my late beloved

Mourning

Yet fitfully serene

2 comments: