- The 1900 Paris Olympics was highly under-promoted, causing many of the athletes to be unaware of their participation in the Olympics.
- The official languages of the Olympics are English and French.
- The original headquarters for the International Olympic Committee was located in Paris.
- The medals given out at the 1900 Olympics were rectangular.
- The first modern Olympics took place in Athens, Greece in 1896.
- The Olympics was also held in London in 1908.
- The new headquarters for the I.O.C. is in Lausanne, Switzerland.
- The first Olympic champion was from the U.S.
- The U.S. has been awarded over 2,000 medals all-time.
- The 1960 Olympic marathon was won by an Ethiopian man named Abebe Bikila who ran the race bare-foot.
Tuesday, July 31, 2012
In honor of the 2012 London Olympics, I'd like to reserve this post for some Olympic facts.