Tuesday, July 17, 2012

My Reading List

My reading list is insane.  It may actually drive me to insanity by the end of it.  That is, if I ever make it to the end.

I have my reading list on Microsoft Word as a color-coded, alphabetical list.  I'm not usually that organized.  Books yet to be purchased are in bold and those yet to be released are in italics.  I have a total of 27 adult books on my list (highlighted in red), 12 YA books (in yellow), 6 MG books (in blue), and 6 short stories/chapter books (in green).  I decided to read one book from each of the four categories at any given time.  Needless to say, I'll be reading for quite a while.  I'll break it down anyway.

I am currently on the second book of the Wheel of Time series, which will soon be fifteen books long.  Each of those books (save one) is at least 226,000 words.  That fills up a lot of my time reading books for adults.

My YA reading is stunted by Factotum, which while still very good, is a bit dry early on.  Once I finish it I should be okay for YA.
I should be okay with MG once I get into a better flow of reading it.  The Ranger's Apprentice series makes me cringe a bit when I read it because it seems very poorly-written, although John Flanagan can get away with it because it's MG.

My final category will be a breeze.  None of the five short stories are extremely long and I should be able to read each of them in a sitting or two.  The only chapter book is a light read, The House at Pooh Corner, read for such reading at a slow pace.
What's on your reading list?

4 comments:

  1. I envy you, being able to read WoT for the first time. Stay sane. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I'll try. It'll probably be years before I get to the end. Reading slowly (out of preference) and massive tomes don't mix well. Thanks for reading.

    ReplyDelete