Thursday, February 14, 2013

My Writing Demographics

Quick post, complements of a headache:

I am a fifteen-year-old white male.  However, (as far as I can remember) I've never written from the point of view of a fifteen-year-old white male.  Most of my characters are adults, and the handful of younglings are either older males or female.  Amelia, the protagonist of my serial Fifteen that I still haven't finished (one day I'll write that final battle...), turned fifteen on my fifteenth birthday, so she's the closest demographically to myself.  I don't specify race generally, so I can't really speak for that, although I see my characters as white, just because I'm more used to seeing caucasians.  The main characters of my epic fantasy W.I.P. are males around there 30s (20s-40s I think, although I haven't pinned much down).  My failed NaNo project has a female protagonist around 13, and her counterpart in my novelette is a tad older.

No comments:

Post a Comment