Wednesday, December 4, 2013

IWSG---My Life Is Taking Over My Life


This is my fifth post for Alex J. Cavanaugh's Insecure Writer's Support Group.  From Mr. Cavanaugh's blog: "Purpose: To share and encourage.  Writers can express doubts and concerns without fear of appearing foolish or weak.  Those who have been through the fire can offer assistance and guidance.  It's a safe haven for insecure writers of all kinds!"

As this post's title suggests, my life is taking over my life.  I was so exhausted from working on school projects yesterday that I had to make the deliberate decision to delay my Tuesday literary criticism a day.  There are a thousand things to do and even without football taking up eleven or so hours a week I'm continuing to fall behind in my reading and writing.  In the last ten days (give or take) I've read a minuscule two flash fiction pieces, one short story, and about twenty pages of Elantris.  I want to be a writer and editor.  But where's the time?

My head is spinning, so I'm going to cut this short.  I still have some makeup work to do for French class.

4 comments:

  1. Deep breath! Christmas break is coming. Besides, if you are juggling school, that's a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, for the first time I really need that break. Life is thoroughly exhausting right now and it's only going to get worse once musical practices start...

      Delete
  2. Life happens and in the end it will give you more insight to use in your writing. School is only for a season. Writing and reading will always be there whenever you can squeeze them in.

    ReplyDelete