Thursday, October 18, 2012

NaNoWriMo

NaNoWriMo is coming up on November 1st.  For anyone who doesn't know, NaNoWriMo stands for National Novel Writing Month [November].  The purpose is to get writers writing, with the bar set at 50,000 words in thirty days.  I plan on participating for the second time, although the first time I ended with practically nothing to show for it about a week in (about 2,000 words).  I was derailed by vacation (yeah, one of several excuses.)  This time I will be working on a YA fantasy that is based upon a mixture of epic fantasy, YA contemporary fantasy, and Hayao Miyazaki's films.  My goal is to simply get the story going by the end of the month.  I'd be happy with as little as 10,000 words.  Is anyone else planning on trying NaNoWriMo out?

No comments:

Post a Comment