Tuesday, April 9, 2013

H is for Hinton

I've only read one of S.E. Hinton's books.  Prior to a Google search, I didn't even know if she had any other books published.  Suffice it to say, this critique is more of The Outsiders than Hinton herself.

The Outsiders is a pretty good book.  I gave in four stars on goodreads, and that's right about where it lies.  The characters were realistic with intriguing personalities and enough conflict to drive a good story.  Actually, everything was in conflict, creating a solid plot with few bumps in pacing.

Two-Bit is one of my favorite characters.  He's just smart enough to get by (unlike me), but I look quite a lot like he is described.  I've had sideburns since I could grow them (a year and a half).  I do not, however, have a swich-blade, although I do have a swiss army knife.

My eighth grade teacher read us part of The Outsiders and had us read outside of class as well.  Pretty much everyone in my district can remember her reading "Need a haircut greaser?" in her "Soc-ist" voice.

I don't need to read anymore to say that S.E. Hinton is a good author.  I'll leave it at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment