Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving + Writing Holidays

It's Thanksgiving, so I'll make this quick.

First, Happy Thanksgiving everyone.  I'm thankful for backlights.  We'd be quite in the dark without them.  (And all of those other things that everyone says: family, friends, God, etc.)

I've only once written distinctly about a holiday, although my last Knights of MicroFiction entry had Thanksgiving themes.  That was the fifteenth birthday of the main character in the flash fiction serial that I still haven't finished.  You can find that first part here.

Off the top of my head, there really aren't too many things to mention about writing holidays; just make sure that you're being culturally correct if you're writing a holiday you aren't familiar with.  Unless, of course, you are writing a fictional holiday, in which case my suggestions are to make it cool and unique, while still realistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment