Tuesday, November 27, 2012

My Reading Habits

  • I read a lot of adventure and fantasy, but recently began reading a bit of sci-fi.
  • I don't read books more than once (I've done partial rereads a couple of times, but never the whole way through).
  • I read very slowly, averaging between 2 and 3 minutes to read each page depending upon how many words are on each page.
  • I reread a good bit as I'm reading, especially when I begin losing focus.
  • Due to losing focus, I've recently begun taking a lot of mid-reading naps that sometimes go on for a couple of hours...
  • I tend to read in bursts were I get a lot or reading done, followed by periods of time when I read practically nothing.
  • From the time I was in 5th grade through 8th grade I competed in Reading Competitions, which unfortunately meant that I read a lot of little-known literary and mainstream fiction that didn't help me out quite as much in writing as the speculative fiction that I'm reading now.
  • I only remember one book that I started and didn't finish.  (Not counting books that I'm currently reading, of course.

2 comments:

  1. Such a tease, not naming the one book you didn't finish. I've actually got a few that I haven't finished, but intend to get back around to them. Also, glad to hear that I'm not the only slow reader in the blogosphere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, I can't even remember what the book was named. I'm pretty sure it was by Susan Cooper.

      Delete