Tuesday, August 7, 2012

New Novel

A few days ago I had two ideas that hit me within a few hours of one another.  I'd had each of them hit me before, but never that close.  I decided to combine them.

My new novel is going to "Hayao Miyazaki meets Fire Emblem."  Since some people probably don't know what/who those are, I'll explain briefly.

Hayao Miyazaki is a Japanese director.  He has directed and/or written the screenplay to many successful anime productions.

Fire Emblem is a turn-based strategy video game.  I plugged it a while back for more information.

Anyway, I wrote down the main things in Hayao Miyazaki's films and the main things in Fire Emblem games and rolled with it.  I also added some aspects of epic and urban fantasy.

The basic plot of my novel is this: Sophia, a recent teen, is thrown into a war when she follows a scruffy thief out of her Haven, a walled citadel she's never left.  Almost everyone, soldier and farmer alike, are fighting over the four metropolises spread across Maccia.  Sophia and the rogue, Biter, assemble a group of naves and pros to fight a brigand party large enough to topple Urbaater to the west before they can seize it.  During the final assault, Sophia learns an important lesson--everyone, even the lowliest thief, is worth fighting for.

No comments:

Post a Comment